The VALOUR Charter School will prepare middle and high school students with rigorous curriculums in English, Writing, Math, Technology and Personal Development. Our model will empower students to develop the Vigilance to Overcome obstacles and Achieve their academic and life goals, while enabling them to become Resilient Leaders in the community with Unlimited possibilities.
- Serves grades 6-12 in East Harlem, school district 4.
- VALOUR will serve students who have not succeeded in public or non-public schools.
- VALOUR will provide students with a rigorous standard-based Common Core college-prep curriculum.
- VALOUR students will take computer science courses that lead to certification along with a REGENTS diploma.
- Students of VALOUR will be equipped to use a wide variety of common and assistive technology tools to support their learning in and out of the classroom.
- VALOUR will implement a community based model to develop the whole child.
- VALOUR will provide an extended day and extended year programming.
- VALOUR will provide mandatory tutoring for all incoming students.
- VALOUR will have an advisory system that includes teachers and staff who will serve as mentors.
- VALOUR will foster strong parent-teacher partnerships; this will allot time for home visits.
- VALOUR will partner with community-based organizations and higher education institutions.
- Standards-based common-core curriculum
- Implementation of National Education Technology Standards (NETS) for each subject area.
- Computer-science, coding, web-development, graphic arts and technology literacy courses.
- Implementation of blended-learning model
- Enrichment classes, tutoring and extracurricular activities.
For more information, please visit the website: www.valourcharter.org
See VALOUR in the news: New York Daily News and American University School of Professional and Extended Studies